I saw this article on Edith’s wall and thought I’d pass these points on, leaving the explanations out. What would you add? I’d add dads to the picture because I’m not sure I’d want to hear any of these addressed to me either.
1. Do you really have to work?
2. Aren’t you concerned about not being there for your kids?
3. Did you hear about that study on children of working moms?
4. It must be nice to get a break from the kids.
5. You’re so lucky to work from home. But why do you need a nanny?
6. “Why have kids if someone else is going to take care of them?”
7. You have another school event? Didn’t you just leave early last week?
8. “I’d miss my kids too much if I worked.”
9. Women should be at home with their children.
Again, the article is here if you’d like to see the explanations with the main points.
Nothing to add. Just personally thankful for the working mamas out there.